Monday, December 7, 2009

My Buddy and Me







We at Ironwood all have our favorite pigs. Yes we love each and every pig here, but there are those ones that just steal your heart and you have to stop to show them love every time you see them. Frank has become one of those pigs for me. He lives in the North field. He is a big boy so he looks intimidating but he is very sweet. Every time I go into North I call his name and he comes over for some attention.







Lately Frank has been getting into fights. One morning we found him with his ear torn. A couple days ago I found him after yet another fight with the same ear torn even worse. Frank knew he needed medical attention and followed me into the sick bay pen. We cleaned up his ear and applied antibiotic cream. He is now on antibiotics and has been staying in the pen for a few days as he heals. I visit him every night with a treat and give him extra attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment