Friday, December 18, 2009

Just a Normal Day

Today I woke up early with the pugs to get the special foods ready. First we went outside and I enjoyed the amazing sky. After all the foods were made I then headed out to AL(assisted living) to feed. As I'm in the barn I hear a loud crashing noise on the side of the barn. Startled, I run outside to find two pigs fighting and they had crashed into the side of the barn breaking a water pipe, so now water was squirting all over. After I broke up the fight I informed my boss of the broken pipe. I then went about feeding as normal.

I had fed all of the pigs in AL and was heading out of the barn when I noticed Howie flailing around with his mouth open. He was having a seizure. He is on phenobarb and hasn't had a seizure in quite a while that we know about.

Howie was heading for a cactus so I stood over him, one leg on each side, and held him a bit to keep him from harm. He flailed a little more and finally came out of it. He stood a little dazed so I stayed over him and comforted him. After he was stable I fed him and gave him his med. He then layed down so I covered him with a blanket to keep him warm. I checked on him periodically during the rest of feeding and he seemed to be resting.

Just a normal day.

No comments:

Post a Comment