Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Big Boys Need Love Too!

It's hard to see so many pigs and only get a limited amount of time with them every day. I know that there are so many that would love more attention. Not all pigs can mingle well with other pigs and some are older and more lame and simply cannot be around the more active pigs.


Wilbur came to Ironwood in 2006 with his pal Pinky. They were in a petting zoo at the Phoenix Zoo and became 'too big'. Pinky died unexpectedly within 2 years of their arrival. Wilbur is only 6 years old and spends his days alone in his own field. He is a Yucatan and cute as can be. He loves getting apples, back scratches and belly rubs. I feel bad that he used to have a pal to snuggle with and now is alone. Since he cannot be with any of our other pigs I thought he should have a pillow buddy. I found a large stuffed swordfish that I thought would be a good fit for Wilbur. If he doesn't rip it to bits it will make a good pillow and warming companion.






Boris is another boy that I feel needs a companion. As you know Boris has been sick lately and is an older boy, but he sure loves getting attention and having someone around him. I found a large teddy bear that I thought he might like. Now, Boris likes to rip his blankets up and wear them, so I'm not sure if he will rip up the bear or not. Today he sniffed it and checked it out and then cuddled with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment